Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's Everywhere, It's Everywhere

My sweet husband has fallen prey to an epidemic sweeping the nation. Yes my dear blog readers, he is addicted to Facebook. He’s on it on his computer, he’s on it on his laptop, and he has even got an app for it on his iPhone. It is never far from his person at any time of the day.

I will admit I’ve been curious. I’ve even admired it from afar. It is intriguing. He has connected with numerous people that I have wondered, “hmmm…what happened to them”. I even heard two rather elderly ladies discussing their accounts at the OBGYN’s office. That blew my mind. It seems that everyone has hopped onto the Facebook bandwagon. Yet I still hesitate.

That sweet husband of mine showed me his account one evening. We browsed through all of his friends and even traveled though some of their photos. The next thing I knew it was 8:00 at night and I had not prepared supper for my family. My toddler was starving. So, in a nutshell, that is why I cannot allow myself to enter the Facebook world. My child would starve!! No, seriously, I already have too many things helping me procrastinate. I’m not saying that I won’t ever take the leap. I have already been tempted. I really don’t want to be “that mom” that my boys think is so technologically handicapped I can’t make it in the real world. I’m just not ready yet. I probably will continue to lurk around on the husband's account though. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

I came across this article on yahoo the other day. I got a kick out of it and thought that you all would enjoy it as well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I posted a link to the article on facebook, haha! I have had to (attempt to) set limits on my FB time. At the same time, I am pretty selective about who I add, what I post, etc., but I have found it so fulfilling to be able to reconnect with friends I had lost touch with from FL. I'm glad we were able to reconnect in the blog world, my friend. I may post a msg to you thru Steven on FB just for fun, though:-)

All caught up now!