Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Random Things

In honor of my last post about Facebook, I decided to play one of its little games. Steven keeps telling me about everyone’s list so I decided to make on of my own.

Here are 25 things about me.

*Every town I lived in until the age of 21 ended in “y” (McCrory, Greers Ferry, Searcy, Conway)

*I met my best friend in the office the first day of school in 6th grade.

*My husband to be moved next door to me in 10th grade. However, we didn’t officially date until seven years later.

*I have a birthmark that looks like Australia on my stomach and another that resembles a Chicago Bull on my left wrist.

*I am learning how to sew

*I am named for my great aunt’s sister that lives in Austria.

*I have more lines on my palms than any other person I know.

*I like to scuba dive, but don’t have much time for it.

*I am never on time for anything—ever.

*I am a huge Cub fan and am ecstatic that Ryne Sandberg is in Knoxville to manage the TN Smokies!

*I love to look at farmland, especially in the spring when the dirt is being plowed.

*I’m in the process of becoming greener. We’ve started recycling and using natural cleaners. One step at a time!

*I can’t wear perfume anymore. Since I’ve worked in radiation oncology where it’s not allowed, it overwhelms my senses and makes me nauseous.

*I read the last Harry Potter book in 24 hours.

*Growing up, I spent countless summer days at the lake. Not so much anymore. I miss it. Had some good times there!

*I don’t like hamburgers-never have, but I crave them occasionally.

*My parents got me a trampoline when I was two because I was so hyperactive.

*I hate to talk to people I don’t know on the phone. I usually refuse to do it if possible.

*I * heart* Elvis.

*I’ve only been to Disney World when I was 4 years old. They were building Epcot.

*I have an incredibly bad habit of picking at and pulling out my eyebrow hairs especially when I read.

*My favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally

*My partner at work, Sheri, and I were the first people in the world to treat clinically with a Tomotherapy linear accelerator.

*I love me some white gravy! I just learned how to make it—Thanks Alexis!

*I have three tattoos. One is actually a cover-up. I plan on getting one more before calling it quits.


Hmmm, that was refreshing. Now I feel included. Hahahaha!

3 comments:

April said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that post!!! Man, oh man, do we have some similar roots! I do miss Heber in the summers. The lakes here just aren't the same. Sigh. Thanks for sharing! I should do that sometime...

Patrick said...

Great post. I guess I fall in the "don't know you" category since we haven't talked on the phone in 8 years. Miss you friend.

Amy said...

ha! I wrote that post on Patrick's account again. So, I'm sure it sounded a little strange. I was a bit nostalgic when I wrote it:-)