Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Expectant Mother’s/ New Mother’s Parking



What is it about that phrase that is so hard to understand?
UGGGHHH!! I guess this is one of my pet peeves. I can't stand it when people park in the EMP or in Handicapped parking when they aren't entitled! Although it is very bad of me, I wish some very bad karma on the people that abuse these spaces.
A couple of weeks ago I was at Target and a man that was at least 350 pounds parked in the expectant mothers place. He left a woman in the car and trounced his way into the store. I glared at him while mouthing that he was in fact not pregnant. He could have cared less. I was in the store for at least 30-45 minutes and when I came out his car and his woman were still there.
Then the other night some blue hair parked there. I mean come on people. She was WAY past her reproductive window. I know it was just a sweet old lady, but she was in the wrong! It's just rude.

With my last pregnancy Steven wanted to park there as soon as I peed on the stick and I wouldn't do it until last trimester if then. This time I thought I'd take advantage of it since everyone else thinks its there for them. Every time I try some poser has already taken it.

While looking for a sign to place with this post, I realized that there are far more people against these parking spaces than for them. For all of you that think that—poop on you!

ARGH! It just ticks me off. So for those that are confused, Expectant Mothers/ New Mothers Parking is for women that are pregnant, expecting a baby, with a child!! Handicapped Parking is for people with disabilities. It is NOT for people that just don’t want to walk extra 10 steps.

I’m watching people…always watching!

Rant over- for now.

4 comments:

April said...

LOL! You are too funny!!! Here's to hoping you get "your" parking place next time you're at a store that offers one. ;)

Alicia said...

I am WITH you on the expectant mother parking. And I loved new mother parking. It takes awhile to develop the arm muscles to haul around a baby, a diaper bag, a purse, and the 100 pound infant carrier. I think there should be more expectant mother/new mother parking places.

Amy said...

You could have asked fatso when he's due ;-) Oh, and asked Sarah when she was gonna deliver Isaac!! I'm totally with ya there girl!

Erika said...

I'm glad I'm not alone!! Amy you cracked me up with the Sarah comment! haha!