Monday, February 23, 2009

20 Weeks

I have reached the halfway mark in this pregnancy. As unreal as it seems the milestone has actually snuck up on me. I can honestly say if Silas’ pregnancy had been like this, he would be an only child! The morning sickness was awful. Even now that it has subsided, it still rears its ugly head often enough to remind me it’s still here. (Like every morning when I brush my teeth.) For a while, you could ask Sie “how does Momma go?” and he would proceed to gag while cracking up. Yes, the boy thought it was hilarious.
On the brighter side of things, I have felt the baby move here and there since 10 weeks. I really thought something was wrong at first because I had never felt true flutters before. Silas was strong enough to punch when I first felt him at 22 weeks. It’s really been an amazing experience being able to bond this early.

Silas is still having a pretty strong aversion to being a big brother. He’s even gone as far as telling me to “throw the stinky baby in the garbage”. Yep, I can feel the love!
Silas has gotten a big boy bed or a “boy big bed” as he calls it. He loves it. I’ll have to post about it when we get the room in order. B has moved the crib, dresser, and changing table into the baby’s room. It is so weird seeing the crib all put together with the mattress on the highest setting. Weird! Makes it all real in a sense.
This baby is already suffering from second child syndrome. We already had the nursery all but complete by this time when pregnant with Silas. I just can’t seem to get motivated this go around. It may have something to do with waiting to find out the gender (which we are doing this time). It probably has more to do with I’m just slap tired and chasing a toddler doesn’t change that fact one bit!

This is my first pregnancy photo taken this time around. Again, it has to be second child syndrome! 5 months down, 5 to go! I’ll try to get the family photographer to take one each month from here on out. We’ll see how that goes!



All in all, it’s been an amazing 20 weeks. I’m very thankful that the Baby and I are both healthy. Here’s to another happy and healthy 20 weeks!

Oh, by the way, the BIG ultrasound is February 25. Stay tuned…

4 comments:

April said...

You look GREAT! I love that picture. Sorry Silas isn't seeming excited about the baby, but that might just change in your favor after he gets to see this little one...then, again, it might not! Here's to hoping it all goes smoothly for everyone involved in the transition! :) I can't wait to hear all about the 25 week ultrasound. Sorry to hear you've been so sick this time around. That's rough. But I am glad you'll have two kids! ;) Hope the rest of the pregnancy is as smooth and sickness free as possible!

Alicia said...

You look radiant!! I'm so excited things are going well. We didn't have Eli's nursery completely finished until he was a month old. At that rate our second child may be starting kindergarden before his/her nursery is finished :) But we have awhile before we have to think about that!!

Alicia said...

Oh - and I love the new background!

Amy said...

Ditto Alicia''s comment- you are glowing! Can you tell I'm catching up on my blog reading? :-p