Sunday, June 7, 2009

On Demand

We have discovered the kids section on our Comcast Cable On Demand. Sie has become attached to the Little Einsteins. The thing about on Demand though, the shows only run for a short length of time and then are replaced. Silas became quite enthralled with an episode called “Melody and Me”. Seriously, the boy talks about it all of the time and sings the song, has us sing the song, and at times he randomly shouts out lines from the beloved episode. Well, one morning we ran to the living room to watch Melody and it had happened—the powers that be took Melody away. Yes, tears were shed, but Big Jet soon found a place in my boy’s broken little heart.

Aside from the LE drama, Silas has been exposed to some of the classics from my childhood through on Demand. He now loves the Smurfs, and Scooby Doo almost as much as I do. Mickey Mouse has had a face-lift since my time with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Silas has picked a few favorites from that show as well. Even Spiderman has made a few appearances. I wish there were some episodes of the Superfriends. Maybe one day…

Needless to say, on Demand has changed our lives. Even shopping has become a much easier task since on Demand. I went and downloaded a few of the much-loved episodes from iTunes. Now when my little man is almost to the point of no return, I ask if he wants to watch Melody on Momma’s phone. It’s amazing how fast those tears recede!
What did Moms do before the iPhone? Seriously?!

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Does he sing the "On Demand" song...because, sadly, my children do.

Question: where are the classic cartoons On Demand? We have it, but I don't know where these gems are.

Also, did you pay extra to be able to access the Disney On Demand?

Erika said...

Scooby and Tom and Jerry were found under the Cartoon Network tab. The kids WB tab has smurfs, flintstones, looney tunes and the Thundercats.

We have the Disney channel in our cable package so that includes On Demand as well.

I haven't heard him sing the "On Demand" song, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know it!! :)