Monday, May 11, 2009

Eighteen and Life You Got It

For some strange reason this bit of song always plays when I think of being 18. Did I mention that my niece is 18 now?
That’s right, my sweet niece is graduating high school and I can not believe it. It doesn’t seem possible that she is eighteen. Where has all the time gone? Wasn’t it just a year or two ago that I myself was making that walk in Lion Stadium…hmmm…I guess it has been longer than I thought.
We are making the trek across the state to our beloved stomping grounds where we grew up to witness Miss E’s rite of passage ceremony. I’m hoping to see a few friends (Amy can you email me your # again?) while we are there and visit the Lake since it has been FOREVER! I know for sure we will visit the LR Zoo (Sie loves the tiger exhibit there). I’m sure time will run short as it always does, and I seem to tire (and swell) much quicker than before so we’ll see what all we fit in.
We plan to leave Tuesday after work. We’re going to try to get to the halfway point. I can’t handle the car much more than that here in the third trimester and with Silas potty training…this trip should be interesting!

2 comments:

April said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! Congrats to your niece. Hope the ride goes smoothly for all of you. :)

Amy said...

Just sent you an email :)