Friday, May 8, 2009

Easter

Well, spring has sprung and Easter has come and gone. We had a really good weekend. Steven’s parents came to town to visit and celebrate the holiday. The temperatures were starting to rise, but the shade was still a bit chilly.
The Saturday before we went for a walk on the greenway that runs through our neighborhood. There is a little park there that B and I have started walking to in the evenings to let Sie play. Anyway, we loaded Silas up in the stroller and all of us went to the park.
We had the place to ourselves—which is very rare.
Even Nana went down the slide!



Grandpa went down a few times as well and he even taught Silas how to go down headfirst. He’d never been brave enough to do that before.


Daddy slid down the pole when no little eyes were watching.



Grandpa, however, made the little eyes aware of the pole and they had to slide down as well.



The park is pretty shady, so it was getting cool fast (hence the jackets) so the Bridges Clan decided to trek it home. We saw a random bunny next to the trail. I thought it was pretty fitting since the next day was Easter, but Sie was less than enthused! (and so was the bunny)


Being the lazy bones preggo of a Mom that I have turned into, poor Silas hadn’t gotten to die Easter eggs yet. So, upon our arrival home, all of the coloring festivities begun. Last year we decided this ritual should be practiced outside whenever possible. I gathered all of the items and family in the back yard for the event. Silas LOVED it.


I quickly remembered how messy the process was and made our dear son wear his art smock to protect his clothes.


Sometimes I can’t control my OCD. It about drove me bonkers that he wanted to mix colors. Regardless he thought that every egg was so “boo-ti-ful”. I have a video of all of that, but I’m going to spare you all this time. ☺

No comments: