Saturday, May 9, 2009

Carriers, Slings, and Strollers

Okay, it’s almost baby time. I’m really struggling on the decision to buy a double stroller or not. When Silas was a baby, I had a VW Bug convertible. There was no way a stroller would fit into it in any way or form. My answer to this was to wear him. It was great! It kept him close, my hands free, and strangers at bay.
We started with the Baby Bjorn, which was wonderful until he hit about the 15 lbs mark. Then we switched to the Mei tai. It too is a wonderful carrier, but there is a learning curve and there’s no way of just throwing it on quickly-especially a back carry.
This is when the Ergo entered my life. It has been the best carrier I have tried. I love everything about it from the pocket to the padded straps.
I can’t wait to try them with this little guy. I just bought the infant insert for the Ergo. It seems a bit awkward, but I’m excited about it. I also purchased a Moby wrap. Alicia had told me how much she enjoyed hers when E was tiny, and it looks so comfy. There is definitely a learning curve to it as well. I’m going to have to enlist one of Sie’s stuffed animals to help me learn how to use it.
So, this is where the stroller confusion comes into play. Silas is not as thrilled about us wearing him anymore, but he has acquired a new infatuation with riding in the stroller. I had my heart set on this one, which is a sit, and stand. However, being the logical thinker I sometimes am, I’ve about talked myself out of any kind of new stroller. I think Sie can roll and I’m just going to wear this little one like I did his big brother.
Well then…I went to the music city marathon. I saw all of the cute double jogging strollers. OMG! I have had my eye on this one as well, but had decided that it was just too much money to spend. The thing is, EVERYONE that has one raves about it-not only for jogging, but for everyday excursions as well.
Now I still don’t know what to do. If you know me, you know I’m prone to extravagant purchases (aka my Coach diaper bag), but I just can’t decide what to do. It's really hard to make such a big purchase without a test drive. I can't find either product locally so I just keep reading review after review after review.
So…the plan for now is to keep what we have and wear the monkey. However, there may be a future post about a beautiful orange duallie…

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

GET THE BOB!!! It will change your life!

I have one and I cringed over the price tag (but got mine $200 off the retail price), but have used it almost every day for two years. I love it.

Erika said...

I didn't realize you had one. Is it your primary stroller?