Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas

Okay, it’s book report time. This is my most recent read. I had been on a vampire kick, so I thought I’d settle back down with some James Patterson. I had picked this book up while browsing at the local used bookstore with my MIL. She told me it was an excellent book, so I thought “Why Not”.

It was an excellent book, however I must add a disclaimer that she did not. If you are pregnant, and your hormones are all over the place, it may not be the right time for this book.

It is a really quick read—only 266 pages. I actually read it in one evening. It’s a love story.

Katie Wilkinson has fallen for the man of her dreams. She has the job of her dreams with a publishing company in NYC. Life is perfect. A story falls into her lap. It is a diary that a new mother (Suzanne) has written for her baby boy (Nicholas). She pours out her heart and soul in her writings. She explains how she and Nicholas’ daddy met, fell in love, and everything in between. Suzanne has really got the perfect family. A husband that loves her so much it’s almost unreal, and a perfect baby boy that ties the family together. It really pulls at the heartstrings and reminds one of all the firsts of a family and all the warm fuzzies that go with it.
As Katie reads on, she comes to admire this Suzanne for the person she is and what she has overcome. Of course, there is a twist. Can this magnificent guy married to Suzanne be one and the same as the man she has fallen for?!

I did enjoy this book. I’ve read quite a bit of James Patterson before—mostly his Alex Cross and Lindsay Boxer series. This book had a much different feel to it. It reminded me a little of Nicholas Sparks. So if you like his stuff, you’d really enjoy this gem.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

I have read this book as well and it is really good.

What I love about James Patterson is the extremely short chapters, which works well for parents with children running around. Also, one can read a book of his in a day.