Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Potter People with Apples

I am such a Geek. There are two things going on in my life that is just about to push me over the edge into complete nerd heaven.

The first of which is Harry Potter. I am completely obsessed!! The Movie comes out tomorrow! Steven and I were supposed to have our first "date night" complete with babysitter on Saturday; however, he has a wedding to shoot this weekend. No movies for us. I guess that just means that we will have to go to the theatre in Turkey Creek to watch it on a weeknight and beg Aunt Jesse or Teeny to watch our little monster. Anyway, I digress.
There is one thing better than a Harry Potter movie. A HARRY POTTER BOOK. I cannot stand myself waiting for this last book of the series. I have reread the previous 6 books while anxiously waiting for book 7. Daily I check out mugglenet.com and the leaky cauldron. If that isn't bad enough, I have been faithfully listening to pod casts about our sweet Harry. I have listened to so many theories; I am about to burst. I have to know what happens. Is Snape really bad? I don't think so. I think he had a plan with ol' Dumbledore. What is going to happen with the two-way mirror, and what's the big deal with Harry having Lilly's eyes. I need to know, and I will in just a few days.
It does make me sad that the series is ending and I have to say goodbye to all the beloved characters. Though, there will soon be a day when I can introduce MY little magical boy to "the boy who lived". I can't wait for that either.

Okay the second thing sending me to NH....My brand new iPhone! All I can say is "It is just Cool!" I have never seen anything like it. I wasn't real big on it until I held it in my hand. It is a telephone, iPod, PDA, Internet browser all in one. I must admit I am a bit embarrassed having one, but I LOVE IT!!

umph....nerd...(shaking head)..I know, I know

3 comments:

Amy said...

Don't worry, nerd, you aren't alone. I too have been rereading the series in anticipation of the last (sniff) book. I have been reading the theories too and I really like this gal's take on it:

http://isatonamytansdog.blogspot.com/2007/05/im-such-dork.html

We shall see though. So you like the new iPhone? I have not gone the way of Apple because I like having a more flexible file format, oh well - now who's the nerd :-P I think they look awesome though!

Erika said...

Yeah, we have been, or shall I say, Steven has been into macs for years now. We are a Mac family. I've been converted.

Amy said...

my sister has been converted by her hubby as well so we have fun making funny faces on her macbook.