Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fluffy Bum

I posted before Ty was born about considering to use cloth diapers. Well, since then it has become a bit of an obsession. I couldn’t wait to use them. I had decided to wait until his cord fell off before I would use them. There were some complications with the whole cord stump (it became wet and gooey), and I wasn’t able to dive head first into the cloth-diapering world, as I would’ve like to.
I must say, the fluffy booty is pretty cute! There are so many fun colors and prints.
I have learned so much. I now know which detergents are good and not so good to use with cloth. There are certain creams and ointments that can't be used because they cause the diapers to repel. Who knew?!
Want to know the most awesome secret I've stumbled across? The sun is an awesome stain fighter!

Over the past few weeks we’ve tried several different diapers and we’ve just about figured out what works for our family. We’ve settled on a washing routine which was the hardest part of the process in my opinion because we have a front load washing machine.
Yes, we have found love for CD in our home. Especially after a week away from home using disposables for convenience. I think we ended up with more laundry because the sposies couldn't contain the explosive breast fed poos like the cloth did.

Here is a picture of our stash when we began. He has outgrown some, some we just didn't like. The ones we did like we got more of. Anyway, here is the pic.


3 comments:

Amy said...

What brand did you settle on? We are considering cloth diapering and would really like your input:-)

April said...

Wow! Cloth diapering... I'm impressed! I'm so glad you've found what works for you guys. I love the picture of your two little guys together in the previous post! They are so cute!!! Is Silas loving being a big brother?

Erika said...

Our favorites right now are Bum Genius One Size. We prefer the aplix version, but aren't sure how they will stand the test of time.
Silas is loving being a big brother. We weren't sure at first, but he is very protective.